RE: paramter passing problem

I need a standard paragraph for this one: XSLT variables can only be used to
hold values, not XPath expressions or parts of expressions. You are testing
whether First_Name contains the string "$First_Name", not whether it
contains the value of the First_Name parameter.

In simple cases where the expression is a name, you can use
*[name()=$param].

Otherwise you need the evaluate() extension function in Saxon, Xalan, and
possibly other processors by now.

Mike Kay