Full Screen application to allow modification/entry of certain XML child node

Questions with developing a “Full Screen” application to allow
modification/entry of certain XML child node data.

    I am trying to develop an XSL application that takes a list of data
obtained in an XML response from an external ERP database query.  My goal is
to build a screen that has 1 to nnn screen lines of data, (not counting
header/footer lines), corresponding to the number of items in a particular
XML child node.  I want to present the users with the ability to alter text
values, click checkboxes and select pull-down menu options, for each line.
I want this to be done in a Full-Screen mode.

     Once the users enter the text, checkboxes and selection values for each
line, I envision they would press the single “Submit” button on the screen
bottom just Once.  This would take all the stuff the user entered/modified
on any line, build an XML tree structure, and post it as an xmlstring value
to a URL that is expecting that format.   The backend software at that URL
will then update the ERP database with the changes the user made, based on
the XML document that was just posted to it.

   So far, I’ve been able to build an XSL program that takes the original
XML query response, builds a list on lines on the screen, and even shows
input text fields on each line.  But I am perplexed as to how I can
efficiently take 1 to nnn (where nnn could anywhere to 100+) text fields,
build an XML structure and then do the URL post.    I’ve searched though
various XSL archives and postings, but I cannot find a hint as to the
appropriate way to do this.

   To build the input screen,  I suppose I could get XSL to loop through
each element and generate text and check boxes with unique labels based on
an incrementing loop counter.  And I suppose I could have the “submit”
button initiate a program to build an xmlstring by “hard-coding”
concatenations of various xml tags the text box values.  But it just seems
to me that there must be a better and easier way to do this, that I just
don't know about.

  Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction, or provide tips,
comments, or sample code showing how this task could best be tackled in
XSL???

  And if someone knows of a site with Examples or FAQ’s regarding this XSL
programming challenge, that would be great also.

  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard