RE: XSL:if condition shows runtime error................

Can you cut and past the exact code? The reason why I suspected that the
error message didn't match the code was that the error message showed you
were testing an element named "date" but your code used the element named
"dateofbirth".

You're using MSXML, right? What version? And what namespace are you using?

Jason.