Re: Can one element have more than one namespaces?

David Carlisle wrote:
JT>> The example you're missing is:
JT>>
JT>> <x:A xmlns:x="" />
JT>>
JT>> which is almost exactly the same as:
JT>>
JT>> <A xmlns:x="" />
>
> except that the first one doesn't conform to the namespace spec so
> would be rejected by a namespace aware parser:-)

Hoom.  OK, one of those special cases that I'd somehow made general in
my head.  It's *only* the default namespace that can be set to the
empty string, so:

<A xmlns="" />

would be legal and is exactly the same as:

<A />

(I'm just glad we're avoiding discussion of the namespaces of
attributes...)

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison