RE: Handling &nbsp

>I suppose it would be too naive to ask why you'd want either
>or
>rather than

Well you obviously don't want the second. The way fp1 worked/s was that if
you hit enter then it inserted <p></p> and if you hit shift enter it
inserted a <br>

I guess a lot of people used enter (<p></p>) to create space. On complex
pages it was then difficult to go back into that space with your cursor to
type text. You could end up with "<p></p>This is some paragraph text".
Guessing again that some bright spark decided to use the <td> default
behaviour to stick an &nbsp; in there for <p>. Also it gives a different
look when highlighted. You can't get this with FP2000 even if you turn off
reformatting but FP1 was pretty dodgy to say the least.

Ciao Chris