Re: Embedding HTML in JSP

As a newbie to XSL it took sometime to make a asssement of
what Jeni said.

> >       Trying to output :
> >      <input type="hidden" name="ProductID"
> > value="<%=request.getParameter(\"productid\")%>">
> >      the \ act as the escape characters.

Using the above is the result of Trying to use XSL to
display html forms in JSP pages and servlets to capture
input. So though use of XSL has separated Logic from
Display i am stuck with outputting non standard XML onto
the forms. Maybe there is cleaner approach to the whole
thing.

> In fact, I'm very surprised that you managed to get a
processor to
> output:
>
>  <input type="hidden" name="ProductID"
>         value="<%=request.getParameter
(\&quot;productid\&quot;)%>">
>have a look
> at the raw source in a basic text editor to see what's
really there.

 The above is actually the source document I saw. And as u
suggest XSL unescapes the &gt and &lt to produce <,> but
leaves &quot untouched which was the reason for my
confusion.

>    <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
>       &lt;input type="hidden" name="ProductID"
>              value="&lt;%=request.getParameter
(\"productid\")%>">
>    </xsl:text>

So the above actually has worked . Though I am very
uncomfortable with it.
I cannot use single quotes so that how it goes .

Amit