Re: Merging two documents

At Tuesday, 10 April 2001, you wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I have two xml files which have the same structure (and the same DTD).
>Those two
>files should be merged into one single xml file, so that the resulting
>file will
>still be valid (according to the DTD).

Without seeing the DTD, we can't answer this.
When you say "merge", do you mean merge right down to data content
level,
so that the result says:

><root>
>   <section1>
>     <elem>
>       <name>13</name>
>       nested data for elem "1" + nested data for elem "3"
>     </elem>

or do you mean stopping short of the elements containing text, eg

><root>
>   <section1>
>     <elem>
>       <name>1</name>
>       <name>3</name>
>       nested data for elem "1"
>       nested data for elem "3"
>     </elem>

or do you mean interwoven, eg

><root>
>   <section1>
>     <elem>
>       <name>1</name>
>       nested data for elem "1"
>       <name>3</name>
>       nested data for elem "3"
>     </elem>

or what, exactly? "Merge" can mean a dozen different things.

///Peter