RE: recursivly applying a transform to a result tree

> Why are there no facilities for
> recursivly applying a transform to a result tree fragment ?
> Is this a design philosophy or perhaps a omission ?

It is an omission in XSLT 1.0 (a deliberate omission, I think, rather than
an accidental one), which is remedied in the XSLT 1.1 draft.

In the meantime you can get round it using the xx:node-set() extension
function available in many products.

Mike Kay
Software AG