Re: Can XSLT Remove <!DOCTYPE...

paulhoward.co.uk wrote:
> Ive scoured the archives and Dave's FAQ but I cant find anyway XSLT can be
> used to remove <!DOCTYPE.... > tags from input files.

XSLT should never see these, since they are not part of the XPath data
model. They are not intended for the application to see, anyway; they are
for the XML parser's benefit. XSLT operates on parsed XML documents, not
the raw input. For the same reason, character and entity references are
not accessible from within XPath/XSLT.

   - Mike