Re: text output with some significant white space

I am out putting text but other than kill the prolog, I havent
changed <xsl:output method>. So method="XML" it is. There simply
isn't any tags in the output. But it sort of begs the questions,
when do you use method="text"? My reading of method="text" would
lead me to beleive it's major function is to copy the values of text
nodes to the output. Doe's this mean <tag>content</tag> causes
"content" to go to the output? In my opinion, the method is so
propped up with defaults up xml/html output it is very difficult to figure
out formatting for other purposes.
Also, it might help getting a better narrative on what <xsl:text/>
does. MK's book has a very capsule explanation. I am afraid I am
in the mode of getting it to work mode and will have to return
the deepeer understanding at a later time.