Re: union/intersection on attribute values

David Carlisle wrote:

> select="item/@set1[. = /items/item/@set2]"
> select="item/@set1[not(. = /items/item/@set2)]"
> select="item/@set2[not(. = /items/item/@set1)]"
>
> that'll return duplicate entries which can be removed eg by using the
> count(.| trick I used on a posting early today (and it's too late to
> reconstruct:-)

select="string(item/@set2[not(. = /items/item/@set1)])"

is an alternative way of de-duping the results.

(I'm surprised to find that I now have a fairly good idea of what
various functions do given a node-set parameter with more than one node
- I was delighted to find document() to be in the process *all* nodes
group.)

Francis.