RE: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] Handling of special characters like © etc

> Here I want to escape thr' < and > characters when it representd node
> i.e.<root> and suppose this appears as a part of text like this
> <mail-sender><mike@skew.org></mail-sender> then only I want
> to get rid of <
> and > characters.
> How to differentiate this before sending it to XSLTProcessor.

If you've got data where "<" is sometimes an ordinary character and
sometimes a markup character, then only you can know the rules by which to
disentangle them. Who designed this data format for you? Why didn't they use
XML?

Mike Kay
Software AG