XSL and Internationalization

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience in using XSL as the
delivery mechanism for use in internationalization?
Are there any "best practices" out there, or examples
of XSL being used in such a way? I didn't see it
mentioned in the faq, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm an on a large project and we're going over
existing localization techniques and options,
specifically, using Java resource bundles vs. building
our own xsl/xml dictionary solution. Both have their
advantages, but I think the xsl solution is definitely
more portable across platforms by not being tied to
any given programming language.

I know this is kind of an amorphous, open-ended
question, but if you have any feedback or links to
some info, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rowell Sotto