From: Thomas B. Passin [mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 10:11 AM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL Processors supporting XPath and XSL Functionality

[Chris Bayes]
> Has anyone noticed how the same questions come along in groups. i.e. there
> might not be any questions on processors or grouping for weeks then in the
> space of a couple of days you get several. It can't just be chance or
> probability.
> If there are no theorums on this can I call it Bayes' theorum?

It's probably a consequence of a simple statistical fact.  If you have a
situation where events occur at a constant (small) average rate, are
independent of each other, and you measure the distribution of the intervals
between events, the most likely interval is very short.  In other words,
rare events are most likely to be seen at short intervals, ie, in small
clusters.

Well, in a discussion group it's true the questions probably aren't really
independent, but there's still probably some applicability.

(I know you weren't really looking for a serious response, but there it is!)

Cheers,

Tom P