RE: xmlspy and copy-of

> hi, I am using xmlspy 3.5; in several faqs I saw examples
> like for example:
> <xsl:copy-of select="node()">
> <xsl:apply-templates select="whatever_you_want"/>
> </xsl:copy-of>
>
> but if I try this with xmlspy, I get an error:
> "apply-templates not allowed inside copy-of"

It's right; your syntax is wrong. Perhaps you meant to use <xsl:copy> rather
than <xsl:copy-of>.

> is this a bug inside of xmlspy???

No. In any case xmlspy isn't doing the XSLT processing: it's just a wrapper
that invokes the XSLT processor of your choice (by default, MSXML3).

> also, the use of <xsl:copy-of select="node()"/>
> always returns the content of an element, but never
> the node itself.

node() is short for child::node(): it selects the children of the context
node.

I think you're going to have to do some reading to learn this language, it's
not possible to learn it by looking at examples and guessing what they might
mean.

Mike Kay
Software AG