Re: nested templates?

> The way the template example you gave can be structured something like ...

This is the last whack at a dead horse, but I want you to understand what I
mean :)

The code below is not structured: it is by definition "flat". There are
calls to other templates from within those templates, and yes, that works -
but there is no proper nesting of the code, where in 80% of cases, I need to
have nested code.

> <xsl:stylesheet>
>

> <!-- template -->
> <xsl:template match="/">
>   <!-- top level -->
>
>   <!-- folder -->
>   <xsl:apply-templates select="folder">
>   </xsl:apply-templates>
>   <!-- /folder -->

>   <!-- /top level -->
> </xsl:template>
>

> <xsl:template match="folder">
>
>       <!-- item -->
>       <xsl:apply-templates select="*">
>       </xsl:apply-templates>
>       <!-- /item -->

> </xsl:template>
>

> <xsl:template match="*">
>       <xsl:value-of select="href" />
>       </a><br />
> </xsl:template>
>

> </xsl:stylesheet>
>

> On your related question, try looking into <xsl:include> and <xsl:import>
>
> Best wishes as you learn xsl templates... :-)
>
> Tim Watts

I will, re include :)

I'm doing a fairly complex form builder application now, so I'm sure I'll
have a few other questions. I think xslt could benefit from a little
syntax-overhaul, but in general it's a fantastic idea, and a cool
technology.

When I get something I'm happy with, I'll post it up on binarycloud.com

_alex