xsl:include is necessary after all

For a while now, I've been under the mistaken assumption that xsl:include is
not strictly necessary--that xsl:import is all you really need.
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200008/msg00030.html

I guess my assumption was that priority was resolved first, and then import
precedence. No, it's the other way around. In other words, when rules
conflict, the one with higher import precedence overrides all rules with
lower import precedence, regardless of their priority. The real implication
of this is that if I have a template matching * in my importing stylesheet,
then template rules in my imported stylesheet that match specific element
types will always be ignored.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict

If I don't want them to be ignored, then I have to use xsl:include.

I'm sure many of you already knew this, but it was kind of a revelation for
me, so that's why I'm posting it.

Evan Lenz
XYZFind Corp.