Re: Control over html output

Hi Andy,

>> the system will never add (or remove) any white space unless you
>> ask it to.
>
> In my experience if I specify indent="no", I get back just one huge
> block of html output... there is no preserving of the original
> format of my code from within the stylesheet.

Most of the formatting that you use in the stylesheet is to make the
XSLT easier to read rather than to actually be used in the output, so
XSLT makes the assumption that unless some whitespace-only text is
within an xsl:text element, it can be ignored.

You can get around this by adding xml:space="preserve" to the elements
containing the whitespace that should be preserved in your output.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison