Re: Re: msxml3.0 SP1 can't compare??

> Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind leaving out string
> comparisons? If there was ever a glaring omission from anything, this
> would have to be it, surely?
With full unicode support this is not easy. Does a   come befor
or after " ", than there are a couple of different spaces, nbspaces,
hyphons, dashes ... But If you write one, i'd bet that EXSLT is more
than happe to integrate it ;-)

> And while you're at it. How about speculating as to why XSL doesn't
> support most of the standard XML datatypes, such as ISO dates, for
> example.
XML does not know datatyles, XML Schema does, but that's about 1 year
younder than XSL-T. But the MSXML 4.0beta as an XPath funktion along
is_instance_of(datatype, $variable/fragment).
And XSL-T/XPath 2.0 is supposed to fully support XML Schema.

Cu,
    Goetz.

PGP signature