RE: generic method of getting element length

>funny, I thought that this was a place to ask questions.

It's not that funny. I think I speak for everyone on the list when I say
that nobody minds helping people who get stuck but can't stand people that
can't be bothered to help themselves.
Your question was answered by the first response.

You said at one point "For my customers I have to try to stay within the w3c
specs."

I would have thought that for the sake of your customers you would have
taken the time to even briefly look at the w3c specs.
As you obviously know that they exist and can't be bothered to go and look
at them you can't expect anyone to be bothered to give you decent answer.

>You have reaffirmed that some people have no social skills whatsoever.

Strange deduction.

>You have made everyone very
>proud to have you as a frequent writer on this board.

I know ;-)

>Thank you for your input.

Well you won't be getting any more from me. I don't help lazy gits who
expect other people to do things for them or people so unprofessional that
they can't spend a little time doing a little research for the sake of their
customers.