RE: querystring and character escaping

Jeremy:

I think this might help you. I hope so...

There is an 'undocumented feature' for the IE5 parser that allows you to
disable output escaping using the <xsl:eval> element with the no-entities
attribute set to true. I've used it to output non-well-formed HTML from
CDATA sections. The following example will output the JavaScript into the
result document without escaping the < or & characters.

XML:
<foobar>
<![CDATA[
x = 0;
y = 1;
z = 2;
if( x < y && y < z ) { document.write( 'Hello, World!' ) }
]]>
</foobar>

XSL:
<xsl:template match="foobar">
	<xsl:eval no-entities="true">this.text</xsl:eval>
</xsl:template>

The same thing can be used to output URLs with non-escaped ampersands.

HTH!

MK

> Firstly, my solution has to work with the
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl <http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl>  namespace
(IE5),
> which is really the problem in itself.  Therefore, I can't use <xsl:output
> method='html'/>, or disable-output-escaping.  How else can I ensure
reserved
> entities are correctly interpreted (i.e. not well-formatted) for
JavaScript?