Re: find the correct rows to apply appropriate templates

Hi Xiaocun,

The following stylesheet demonstrates how to find what you call the row number of
the header rows:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
 <xsl:output method="text"/>

  <xsl:variable name="firstRowPos" select="1" />

  <xsl:variable name="secndRowPos"
  select="count(book/sheet/range/row
                   [cell[1] = '*SupplierOrganizationCode']
                   /preceding-sibling::row)
           + 1" />

  <xsl:variable name="thirdRowPos"
  select="count(book/sheet/range/row
                   [cell[1] = 'EmailAddress']
                   /preceding-sibling::row)
           + 1" />

  <xsl:template match="/">
     <xsl:value-of select="concat('secndRowPos: ', $secndRowPos, '&#xA;',
                                  'thirdRowPos: ', $thirdRowPos)"/>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The result is:

secndRowPos: 5
thirdRowPos: 7

Hope this helped.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.
P.S. I had to guees and add a book, sheet, and range node containing your sample xml
data.
Xiaocun Xu wrote:

Hi,

  I still have a problem trying to convert the generic
XML (generated from spreadsheet, attached at the end
of this message) to the specific XML I needed.
  The structure of the generic XML has 4 sections,
each section is consisted of a header row and (1 or
more) detail rows.  For each of those sections, I need
to apply a different template.
  The problem, how to find the starting and ending row
of each of the sections, and therefore apply the
appropriate templates to those rows?