RE: XPath, starts with ?

> In fact, you ask something I should probably have told before.
>
> I am not using the xsl, but the dom object in ASP.
>
> In the doc, their are no different XPath syntax for the XML object or
> for the XSL parser.
>
> I am using msxmlobj.selectNodes( xpath) where xpath is the string as
> described in previous mails.

In fact the MSXML3 SDK describes the differences between the two supported versions
of XPath -- the true one "XPath" and the outdated (which is the default) "XSL
Patterns".

In case you didn't set (via the SetProperty() method) the internal flag of
"SelectionLanguage" to "XPath", "XSL Patterns" were used and this explains the
behaviour you've observed.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.