Re: Selecting and "id"

[Jeffrey Langdon]

> Can someone please tell me why I cannot get the following to work.   I am
> trying to select the id number for specific element.
>
> <!-- XML -->
>
> <AAA>
>      <BBB id = "11" >B1 </BBB>
>      <BBB id = "22" >B2 </BBB>
>      <BBB id = "33" >B3 </BBB>
> </AAA>

The other posts about this have made the assumption that the "id" attribute
is an actual ID.  You don't need to assume that, and you don't need a dtd to
tell the processor.  You just need to treat it like any other attribute,
something like this:

<xsl:for-each select='*[@id="33"]'>
   <xsl:value-of select='.'/>
</xsl:for-each>