Re: How can I reindent an XML-file for readability?

Am Dienstag,  5. Juni 2001 20:06 schrieb Goetz Bock:

> > On Tue, Jun 05 '01 at 16:42, Janning Vygen wrote:
> > It works fine for xml documents which are just one file in the file
> > system How can i reindent files which belong to one big xml document.
> > if i have a master.xml with external entitites like this:

> >   &part1;
> >   &part2;
> > </book>
> >
> > i cant apply the given stylsheet to this masterfile because i get one big
> > indented xml, but i want to keep the xml file splitted into small
> > entities.
> >
> > Is there a way to indent those files with XSL?
>
> Jein ;-)
>
> You must use the given XSL-T on the included files, not on the master
> files. If you reindent the master file the included files are included
> by the XML parser and the XSL-T processor can not figure out, that the
> given section of an XML document was included using an entity.

but this way i can only indent the last files in a chain of external
entities. so all files which have external entitites themself cant be
indented, so you usally have to use another tool to reindent your xml code.
very strange to use a non xsl tool to transform an xml file.

sometimes i think that external entities are less powerfull than it seems to
be..

janning

>     Goetz.

Planwerk 6 /websolutions