Re: xml->xsl->pdf

This is self follow-up mail.
I am sorry I can't write English so well.

>I downloaded the Antenna XSL-formatter evaluation version and the
>Xhtml2fo.xsl, but I don't get it to work ("XSLT transformation is not valid
>XSL-FO").
>I think I'm missing some basic steps here. I tried to use an arbitrary
>XML-file with this XSL, but that doesn't seem to be the right use.
>If I read the XSL right, it seems to need a kind of HTML-document.
>Can you give me some hints which steps to follow to convert an XML to PDF
>with Antenna or otherwise?

Xhtml2fo.xsl is an XSLT stylesheet that is to be used as follows.

(1) First step
* convert xhtml file, this must be an well-formed xml file with the
 grammer defined by xhtml.dtd, to xsl-fo file.

Input:  xhtml.html  and xhtml2fo.xsl
Output: xhtml.fo (an XSL-FO instance)
Processor: XSLT Processor.

(2) Second step
* convert xhtml.fo to PDF
Input: xhtml.fo (an XSL-FO instance)
Output: xhtml.pdf (PDF file)
Processor: XSL-FO Processors

Antenna House XSL Formatter is an XSL FO Processor in it's nature.
It invokes MSXML3.DLL internally when XML and XSLT sytlesheets
are selected as input files.

Antenna House XSL Formatter can not create PDF file by itself,
but print PDF by deginating PDFWriter.

Tokushige Kobayashi