Saxon error message

This may be WAY off-topic, it seems to be more of a Saxon/Cocoon issue.  I
already asked the Cocoon user's mailing list, with no results.

Problem:  I'm using Saxon 6.2.2, Cocoon 1.8.2, Weblogic 5.1 and Solaris 2.6.
I'm trying to load a page which has a bunch of chained XSL stylesheets, and
the last stylesheet is loaded using the <xsl:import> command, and it's
giving me the following error:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile
stylesheet. 1 error detected.

When I try to view the same page with Saxon from the command line, it works
properly.  It also works fine with Xalan.  So I pored over the Saxon source,
and wasn't really able to pin it down beyond
com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.reportError().  I am convinced it has to do
with the <xsl:import>, but with this (rather generic) error message, I
cannot neither confirm this, nor can I deduce what it is about <xsl:import>
that's causing the error.  It also happens with <xsl:include>.

Questions (in no particular order):

1. Has anyone experienced this problem?
2. Is there a Saxon mailing list/FAQ/Bug List etc.?
3. (to Mike Kay) Can I contact you directly?

Thanks for your time.

William Bagby.