Re: not simple (or simple? :-) xpath matching

Hi Daniel,

If I understand you well, you might use something like the following:

Your xml document will now be the following:
<document>
   <part name="intro">
      <chapter name="why" default="yes"/>
      <chapter name="xslt"/>
      <chapter name="is"/>
      <chapter name="so"/>
      <chapter name="complicated"/>
   </part>
</document>

And in your stylesheet:
----------------------
<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="not($chapter=/document/part[@name='$part']/chapter/@name)">
    <!-- Produce your message here -->
    <chapter name="{/document/part[@name='$part']/chapter[@default='yes']/@name}"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
    <!-- Your normal processing here -->
  </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
----------------------------

Daniel Bauke wrote:

On Thursday (Jun  7), Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

> I dont find the answer above satisfactory.
well, me too, but only because i gave a wrong example, sorry.
i messed two different things, the one i presented i need in
another structure, which i plan to use later (and i'm sure i use
your suggestions :-).

now, i want to have a default chapter, if given is incorrect and
print a short information, that one asked for non-existent.
like that:

<document>
   <part name="intro">
      <chapter name="why"/>
      <chapter name="xslt"/>
      <chapter name="is"/>
      <chapter name="so"/>
      <chapter name="complicated"/>
   </part>
</document>

and when i ask for '?part=intro&chapter=not, i'd like to
see the answer:

   Sorry, you asked for rather impossible chapter.
   No-one ever imagined that xslt could 'not' be complicated,
   So, read patiently 'intro' why it is :-)
   <chapter name="why"/>