processStyleSheet method

In a Java servlet I am using the following command:
	StylesheetRoot ssr =
processor.processStylesheet(xslFileName.toString());
where processor is a XSLTProcessor and xslFileName is a URL to the location
of the stylesheet.

I have this code working fine on a local web server set-up but when I move
the code out to a https server it hangs on this line and does not throw any
exceptions.  I know that it is resolving the URL correctly, but I'm not sure
if it has anything to do with being on an ssl server or if there is a
security problem on the UNIX machine.  Does the processStyleSheet method
write to tempory files when it compiles the stylesheet?