Re: Saxon and Python

* Gustaf Liljegren

| I need to write an XSLT extension, and the language of choise for me right
| now is Python. Is there any hope that I can write extentions in Python that
| works in Instant Saxon, or Saxon?

If you use Jython it should be really straightforward to do this.
Jython can import and use Java classes directly, and Jython classes
can subclass Java classes. Java classes can also call into Jython code.
I mix Java and Jython all the time, since it gives me a very efficient
way to do prototyping, testing, and demos around Java code.

Chances are that if you do this you'll find yourself using Jython for
all kinds of stuff in the future. :-)

--Lars M.