xmlns declaration causing transform to fail

Hi,
I am working with a xml document, dumped from FileMaker Pro : ^( , and it
looks something like this:

<FMPDSORESULT xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpdsoresult";>
	<ERRORCODE>0</ERRORCODE>
	<DATABASE>wdb.fp5</DATABASE>
	<LAYOUT/>
	<ROW MODID="24" RECORDID="32769"
	</ROW>
	... more ROW elements
</FMPDSORESULT>

I have a stylesheet that works if I remove the xmlns attribute from the
opening FMPDSORESULT tag, except that it prepends output with the values of
the first three child (ERRORCODE,DATABASE,LAYOUT) tags (?). When the xmlns
attribute is in the there, the transform dumps everything out in a
contiguous string, and the subsequent template, matching ROW, isn't applied
(as if it was already at the end of the document). I can't configure
FileMaker to leave the xmlns attribute out so that is not an option.

Does anyone know of why this is happening, a way arround it? I'm using XML
Spy, and have tried both Saxon and IE to transform the document with same
result. I've also tried varying patterns in the initial match attribute, but
still can't solve this issue.

My stylesheet is simple... like so:

<xsl:template match="FMPDSORESULT">
	<ul>
		<xsl:apply-templates/>
	</ul>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="ROW">
	<li><ul>
		<li><xsl:value-of select="due_date"/></li>
    		<li><xsl:value-of select="title"/></li>
	</ul></li>
</xsl:template>

Thanks for your help!