RE: generate unknow table

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your quick response.
It seems solve my problem. As you have seen, in my xml,
the <title> element is generated from display file, which
can be pre-generated; But the <data> element is generated
dynamically. I have to, somehow, merge these two part together
to make them one <display> element.

Which fields should be displayed is determined at run time.
I have a flag inside in <data> element, which was not shown
in the list just for simplicity. In the real case, something like:

<data>
  <record>
  <sel flag80="off">001</sel>
  <sflbr>002</sflbr>
  </record>
</data>

this will tell the xsl that the field <sel> should not be displayed.
fortunately, only <sel> element has this attribute.

and in the <title> element, we have something like:

<title>
	<sel flag="flag80">Selection</sel>
</title>

which tells the XSL it should look for "flag80" in the same field
in the dynamic generated <record> element
to determine whether this field shall be displayed or not.
One more thing, we have actually some other flags too.

Do you still think it is possible to use XSLT? Or you think we
should change the original xml format? Change original xml format
for us is very hard, simply because the display file has been
using a lot, and its format is fixed.

Million thanks to you, Gareth!

-John