From: Gareth Sylvester-Bradley [mailto:gareth.sbradley@adv.sonybpe.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:07 PM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Parameter Sorting Problem With Xalan

If I understand your current stylesheet correctlyit defines parameters for
the data-element matching template. You need stylesheet parameters. I think
the answer is as simple as moving:

  <xsl:param name="sortcolumn" select="'COLUMN1'"/>
  <xsl:param name="sortorder" select="'ascending'"/>

from in the data-element template to just after:

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes"/>

(That's if I've got my internal XSLT cribsheet in order!)

:G