RE: Why is my xsl:param empty? (passed with xsl_with-param) SOLVED thanks to Mike Kay

> But how could I know that "Built-in templates don't pass
> their parameters on to the templates they call."?

I know your feeling, it's one of those features that seems designed to catch
you out.

> Why is that and is it in your book (XSLT 2nd) somewhere?

I suspect the "why" is that it's an oversight by the language designers, but
that's a guess.

It is in the book, see for example the top half of p160.

Mike Kay
Software AG