Re: The "%" in DTD

At 05:10 17-06-2001, Tobias Reif wrote:
>Mike,
> > > http://www.pinkjuice.com/entities/
>
> > This is also wrong in that it calls character references "entities",
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/
>calls them "Character entity references"
>some abbreviate that to "entities".

No, the HTML spec calls these (  et al.) "numeric character
references".  A "character entity reference" is   etc. - a general
entity reference that resolves to a single character.

As others have noted, though, this table can be misleading; for instance,
the column labeled "OCR A" displays in Georgia in my browser.  You can't
control the appearance on someone else's screen.  Just adding a note would
be helpful.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, XML Consultant