Re: storing translatable text outside stylesheets

> > However, when I add this reference to the entity file to the top of
my
> > stylesheet:
> > <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
> > <!ENTITY % stylesheettext SYSTEM "stylesheettext.ent"> ]>
>
> You've declared a parameter entity that references an external file
that
> presumably contains the definitions of a number of general entities
such as
> &symbol; . But you haven't invoked this parameter entity, so the
definitions
> of your general entities are not actually processed.

Linda, I think you perhaps haven't grasped that a parameter entity
declaration is only for use *within* at DTD, and so the parser will
refer to it only if it's used elsewhere in the same DTD. What's needed
is a declaration of external parsed entities. Then things will work as
expected. A look at any good SGML or XML reference source on entitiy
declarations should clear up this (not infrequent) confusion.

Michael