From: Eugene Kuznetsov [mailto:eugene@datapower.com]
Sent: 17 June 2001 23:24
To: Xsl-List@Lists. Mulberrytech. Com
Cc: lpesenson@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [xsl] How do i optimize my stylesheet for speed?

> With respect to the plug for DGXT and XSLJIT, how do they compare
> in performance to Saxon and
> Xalan?

DGXT is optimized and implemented in C/C++ (although java bindings
are available for simple plug-in replacement for those using java).
It's fast.

XSLJIT is the first JIT compiler for XSLT and it delivers
order-of-magnitude improvements in performance over
interpreters. We just announced the ability to do XSLT at fast
ethernet wire-speed (~100 Mbits/sec.), which is more than 10
times faster than the best available XSLT interpreters.
http://www.datapower.com/news.shtml#xsljit
It's *really* fast.

> I also use XPath to query XML documents and the only
> framework that has allowed me to do
> this easily is the one that comes with Xalan, is something like
> that available in DGXT?

DGXT does support some common extensions, I am not sure if the
API's would be the same.

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov
\\ eugene@datapower.com
\\ DataPower Technology, Inc.

Sema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the Sema UK
Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.