Re: How do i optimize my stylesheet for speed?

Thanks to all the folks who replied to my posting.  I'll try to summarize the suggestions below.

One vital piece of information that was missing in my posting was that i am using xalan2 java.

Several people suggested adding or freeing up more memory.  This certainly helps a lot. The slow development machine had lots of applications running including oracle 8i.  Shutting some of these down speeded the transformation.  However it was still not fast enough to my liking.

Therefore as suggest by Jeni Tennison, i am going to revise my approach (algorithm).  The transform will be running on production on a much powerful (cpu+memory wise) machine so i hope that a combination of a revised algorithm and more memory will speed it up significantly.

Finally we want to implement our solution without any additional costs so any commercial product is out of the question at this point.

Thanks,

-Wajih