RE: Re: Any Doc to XML converter ?

> produces very clean XML for me; in what sense is it "mostly garbage"?
> You're not thinking of the "save as HTML" or whatever that is built-in,
> are you?

The article itself says that "The XML output by this application
is very straightforward and very similar to the HTML output by Word itself"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/odc_expwordtoxml.htm only
describes the styles and formating, and doesn't really describe the content.

A friend of mine is fond of saying "Who needs style when you've got
substance?"

It is "garbage" because it is high on style and low on substance.

Tim Watts