Re: passing a string as a node list

Standard xslt does not let you convert a result-tree-fragment (or a string)
into a node-set.  Some processors (like SAXON) have an extension function
that does let you do it.  Xalan (which I think you meant instead of Xerces)
also has one (I think, someone else would know for sure).  How you invoke
the extension function is different from one processor to another, so you
have to read Mike Kay's book, the docs for your processor, or search in the
FAQs.  Actually, I'm not sure if you could convert a string anyway, but you
can probably change your stylesheet to make it work.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Tim]