Re: XSLT Problem (How to compare alphabetic values)

  1. How to compare alphabetic values? Based up on my test values 'AA' ,
      'BB' , '  ' or "spaces"  are incomparable.

'AA' = 'BB'

will compare for equality use not() or != to reverse that.
There are no less-than orderings on strings in XPath.

                       Is it possible and how should I convert alphabetic value
      before comparison to compare them properly?

Again do you just want to test for equality (see above) or lexicographic
order (can't do)

                   2. What kind of logical operators (other than > and <)
      do we have ? Don't we have something like "not equal" ?

> doesn't apply to strings. You have =,  != and not() (as a quick look
at the XSLT spec would have shown)

David