RE: Difference between "/" and "//"

Hi Earl,

This could not be your XML, because it isn't well-formed at all. I think you mean:
<ROOT>
	<MC id="1">
		<SC BCID="12"/>
		<SC BCID="13"/>
		<SC BCID="14"/>
	</MC>
	<MC id="2">
		<SC BCID="15"/>
		<SC BCID="16"/>
		<SC BCID="17"/>
	</MC>
	<MC id="3">
		<SC BCID="21"/>
		<SC BCID="22"/>
		<SC BCID="23"/>
	</MC>
</ROOT>

I would put test were it should be: in a SC-template. I tested it with '12,' '13,' and '12,13,' and it works:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:variable name="searchList" select="'12,13,'"/>

<xsl:template match="ROOT">
	<xsl:element name="ROOT">
		<xsl:apply-templates/>
	</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="MC">
	<xsl:apply-templates>
		<xsl:with-param name="id" select="@id"/>
	</xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="SC">
<xsl:param name="id"/>
	<xsl:if test="contains($searchList, concat(normalize-space(@BCID), ','))">
		<xsl:element name="MC">
			<xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of select="$id"/></xsl:attribute>
			<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
	</xsl:element>
	</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Greetings Rene
   { @   @ }
        ^
      \__/

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision!"