RE: Fwd: XSLISAPI filter for IIS - "..installtest.pasp" error

**Darryl,
**I didn't have it installed
**I have now

**It looks like the error is comming from here

 var requestPath = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_SSXSLSRCFILE:");
    var preprocessor = Application("ASPPreprocessor");
    var processedFile;
    var errDescrip = null;
    var errCode = null;

    if (preprocessor != null) {
        try {
            processedFile = preprocessor.Process(requestPath);
            Server.Transfer(processedFile);
        } catch (exception) {
            errDescrip = exception.description;
            errCode = "404 Not Found";
        }

**Server.Transfer is only available on iis5 so it errors
**From the docs

Server.Transfer acts as an efficient replacement for Response.Redirect.
Response.Redirect tells the browser to request a different page. Since a
redirect forces a new page request, the browser has to make two round trips
to the Web server, and the Web server has to handle an extra request. IIS
5.0 introduced a new function, Server.Transfer, which transfers execution to
a different ASP page on the server. This avoids the extra round trip,
resulting in better overall system performance, as well as a better user
experience.

**The reason for this is you haven't followed the installation instructions

If you want to dynamically generate XML on NT 4, you must perform the
following steps:

Open the NT4 folder in the distribution.
Copy the RedirectorPASP.asp file from the NT4 folder and replace all copies
of the Windows 2000 RedirectorPASP.asp files (including those in the Samples
directories). A copy of the correct RedirectorPASP.asp file must reside in
every directory that will contain .pasp files.
In the IIS Admin utility, perform the following steps:
Bring up the properties page of Default Web Site or the corresponding
Virtual Directory.
Go to the Home Directory tab, click the Configuration button.
Go to the App Options tab, and make sure that Enable buffering is checked.

**The NT4 version is

var requestPath = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_SSXSLSRCFILE:");
    var preprocessor = Application("ASPPreprocessor");
    var processedFile;
    var errDescrip = null;
    var errCode = null;

    if (preprocessor != null) {
        try {
            var queryString = Request.ServerVariables("Query_String");

            processedFile = preprocessor.Process(requestPath);
            if (queryString != "") {
                processedFile = processedFile + "?" + queryString;
            }
            Response.Redirect(processedFile);
        } catch (exception) {
            errDescrip = exception.description;
            errCode = "404 Not Found";
        }
**Using the Response.Redirect(processedFile); instead of the
Response.Transfer

**Ciao Chris

**XML/XSL Portal
**http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml