RE: new W3C working drafts

> I have recently read up the XQuery family of draft
> specifications, along
> with the XPath 2.0, and have some question to those people
> participating
> in the working groups involved (or anybody else very well informed).

Pedro,

The XSL and XQuery working groups are working closely together, but the
precise outcome of this is not yet possible to predict. The published
requirements for XPath 2.0 were produced jointly by the two groups, and a
great deal of progress has been made in defining an XPath 2.0 that can be
used both within XSLT and within XQuery; however there are still many issues
to be resolved. The first fruits of the cooperation can be seen in the
XQuery/XPath data model document, published as part of the recent XQuery
specs: it is intended that XQuery and XSLT should share the same data model.
Of course the current document is just a draft representing a snapshot of
work in progress.

Mike Kay