RE: namespaces

> While in the middle of processing a XSLT tempalte, I
> have a declared namespace URI, but I do not have the
> shorthand.  Is there anyway to get the shorthand back
> and stick it into a variable?

I don't think I understand. You say the namespace is declared, does that
mean it is declared using a namespace declaration in the stylesheet? But if
that was the case, you would know its prefix (which is what I assume you
mean by "shorthand").

If the namespace is not declared in either the source document or the
stylesheet, there is at present no way of getting it declared in the result
document.

Mike Kay