RE: passing xsl:param-values to xsl:include

> i found out that constructions linke <xsl:include href="{$param}"/>
> doesn't work.
> I have to pass a parameter form an application to the xsl to include
> various stylesheets in
> dependance of the  xml_owner (and his different formatting wishes).

xsl:include is a compile-time facility, whereas parameter values aren't
available at run-time. If you want to parameterise the stylesheet at compile
time, then you need to implement some kind of preprocessor. If this is
simple you could do it in Perl, but why not do it in XSLT? Generating
stylesheets using stylesheets is not as esoteric as it seems, and many
people do it.

Mike Kay
Software AG