Re: Layout of text output.

Hello Romain,

>Hello,
> I'm a bit new to that list and also new to xsl, so I hope my question
> hasn't already been answered (I've unsucessfully browsed the faq's).

You probably looked for 'layout'.  You may have more luck with 'white
space'.

> My problem is as follows, I use xml to describe documents where terminals
> (text) are only stored in attribute of nodes. In other words there is no
> text node in my xml sources.

Ther are you know!  If you write "<x/>  <y/>" you get three nodes: the
second is a text node containing spaces.  This is quite likely to get
copied to the output because that is what the built-in template for
text nodes does.

Probably the easiest way to fix this in your case is to use the
xsl:strip-space element.  For other alternatives I would recommend the
section in Mike Kay's book XSLT Programmers Reference.

> I use xslt to produce a text output (using the
> java xalan2 processor). Basically, I want the layout of the output to only
> depend upon what I put in the xsl templates. However, I observe that the
> form of the output is sensitive to the way the source is indented which is
> quite unfortunate to me !
> Of course, the line "<xsl:output method="text" indent="no"/>" has no effect!
>
> Any hint would greatly helps!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>   Romain.

Regards,