Re: message

Karlo wrote:

>Hi, I am trying to use <xsl:message>Hello</xsl:message> Nothing is
>displayed. I tried to put this inbetween my actual html and still no luck,
>when I use <xsl:message terminate="yes">Hello</xsl:message> I get the
>output, together with a error in my ASP page.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>thank
>
>Karlo

When you say 'nothing is displayed' it makes me think you are looking
in the generated web page.  It is certainly not going to appear there.

What happens to an xsl:message is up to the XSLT processor and the
environment in which it runs.  On a web server the message will either
end up in an error log somewhere or maybe even get thrown away.  Do
not be misled by the XSLT spec when it says it might pop up a message
box - this is highly unlikely!
You get something when you say terminate="yes" because this causes the
transformation to fail, which the web server cannot fail to notice.

What are you trying to achieve?  xsl:message is intended for things
like reporting logic errors in the stylesheet.  This isn't really
appropriate in a web server environment, where you should be more
careful about what the user sees and how you sollect the necesary
diagnostics.

Regards,
Trevor Nash