Re: saxon fail to find xslt functions

>I have this function in an xsl doc - I don't think i can use
>template match because it needs to run on all dates, to convert
>CCYY-MM-DD dates into YYMMDD, and there are a lot of date nodes
>in the xml document with various names.
>
><saxon:function name="bcp:fixDate">
>    <saxon:return
>select="concat(substring(.,3,2),substring(.,6,2),substring(.,9,2))"/>
></saxon:function>

This declares a function which takes no arguments.

>i'm calling it like this:
><xsl:value-of select="bcp:fixDate(bas:InvoiceDate)"/>

This calls a function with one argument.  You probably need an
xsl:param in the function definition, such as

<saxon:function name="bcp:fixDate">
    <xsl:param name="date" select="."/>
    <saxon:return
select="concat(substring($date,3,2),substring($date,6,2),substring($date,9,2))"/>
</saxon:function>

(supplying a default lets you call the function as bcp:fixDate() to
use the current node)

>the xsl, bcp, saxon and bas namespaces are defined in the
><xsl:stylesheet>
Show us the whole thing, in case there is a typo.  Double check the
saxon URI.

>[snip]

Hop ethis helps,
Trevor Nash