ie namespace and doctype was Re: xhtml xslt file: populating javascript array with data from xml file?

btw the example here is old M$ namespace which means nothing to this list,
look at www.netcrucible.com

another new M$ thing, that has nothing to do with xslt but may cause some
strange effects ( that could be attributed to xslt ) is that in IE6 the
browser responds to !DOCTYPE tag.

take a look here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/css/overv
iew/cssenhancements.asp

which means when you use an innocent xsl:output tag ( such as below which
instructs to generate a !DOCTYPE ) u may all of a sudden see some different
things in IE6;

<xsl:output method="html" encoding="utf-8" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML
4.0 Transitional//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html4/loose.dtd"; indent="yes"/>

cheers, jim fuller